The veins around your anus tend to stretch under pressure and may bulge or swell. Swollen veins (hemorrhoids) can develop from an increase in pressure in the lower rectum. Factors that might cause increased pressure include:
- Straining during bowel movements
- Sitting for long periods of time on the toilet
- Chronic diarrhea or constipation
- Anal intercourse
- Low-fiber diet
Hemorrhoids only become a problem when those veins get swollen, often as a result of too much pressure.
- Walking can help with constipation.
- Eat more vegetables and less meat.
- Drink more water.
- Have a regular time to sit on the toilet.
- Coffee enemas
A. Hemorrhoid suppository (Borion – homeopathic)(Proktis M)
B. Botanical herbs
C. Lifestyle changes
Proktis-M® (sodium hyaluronate) rectal suppository is designed to help with the healing of the anus and rectum. Proktis-M® has been studied and tested in conditions such as operated severe internal hemorrhoids, anal fissures, and prevention of radiation induced proctitis.