• A Juul is a type of e-cigarette (electronic cigarette) that features the shape of a small USB drive. It contains nicotine but does not contain tobacco. It uses a battery and contains a solution of nicotine, flavorings and other chemicals.
• Juuling is considered a type of vaping. Vaping is the use of e-cigarettes to mist a nicotine solution so it can be inhaled. Juul devices deliver similar amounts of nicotines as cigarettes and can still be additive, despite some groups saying they are safer than cigarettes.
• So is Juuling bad for you, or is it a safer alternative for smokers and a helpful companion in the battle to quit? Many seem to believe that the use of e-cigarettes is less harmful than smoking cigarettes, but the health effects of long-term use are still not known. And according to some study findings, there is reason to believe that e-cigarette use causes as much or more damage as conventional cigarettes.
Whether or not future research shows that Juuling is favorable compared to smoking cigarettes, dangers of Juuling still include:
1. Consumption & Addiction Among Teens/Young Adults
2. Higher Risk for Cardiovascular Disease
3. DNA Damage
4. Respiratory/Lung Damage